Friday, March 12, 2010

Gold. So What?

He know the way that I take and when He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold. Job 23:10.

As I sat and contemplated the terrible hurt that often we go through I thought again of this verse. I thought of how important it is in difficulty to beseech God to teach us what He wants us to learn from the situations of our lives. Pain is only ‘hurt’ if we don’t learn something God is trying to teach us in it, it is a bygone experience that fades away and our focus, rather like childbirth, is on the jewel that the pain has produced when we have learned something.

However, this morning my mind meandered down a different path. So? An overweight hunk of gold - what’s the good? I share with you my thoughts. What does gold mean to us? It is a symbol of commitment in the wedding banc and when God has purified us through pain and we see the beauty of that pain because of what God is doing in our lives we will be ever committed to Him. But, also, we wear gold as a thing of beauty added to our person. I wonder , if when we have been purified, when we come forth as gold. do we do the same for God? I pictured in my mind, me worn by God, enhancing His beauty in the eyes of someone who needed that; helping Him in some way in the giant battle that He is in with Satan. Is that what it means to glorify God? In the midst of these thoughts I remembered Isaiah 40:31; “But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.“ and for the first time in my life I felt transported to that place.

I have to go and walk my dog now. I pray that the rays of the Son will shine on this overweight hunk of gold and cause a sparkle that will bring cheer and comfort to someone else as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment