Wednesday, March 31, 2010

That's It! That's All!

It is 10:30 AM. I am wandering around my house doing this mundane chore and that mundane chore. Already this morning I have heard a man say: “I would like to do great things for God.”
I have heard a woman say: “We are going to ‘such and such’ church but I am not really doing anything for God.”
‘Doing for God.’ How do we do anything for the omniscient, omnipotent One who created us in the first place and everything around us. What does God want from us? Two things, I think. Our love and our trust and that’s it, that’s all. To the degree that we learn to do that He will take the circumstances of our lives and ‘work it all out for good.’ Romans 8:28. And what is the good? We will become more and more like Jesus (Rom. 8:29) and the result will be He will glorify us (Rom. 8:30). Surely, as a person glorified by God I will be a blessing to someone, somewhere, sometime without consciously wishing or worrying that there was something that I could do for God. When I stop trusting Him and Him alone is when it all falls apart. So what can I do for God? I can love Him! I can trust Him! Two full time jobs ----in which no chore is ever mundane!!

No comments:

Post a Comment